The base ontology for the knowledge base is CIDOC CRM in the Erlangen CRM implementation, and its FRBRoo extension based on the FRBR (Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records) proposed by IFLA. The knowledge base contains processed data obtained from the Digital Libraries Federation (whose sources as listed here), the NUKAT union catalogue, and a sample of 15,000 records from the Mona system used by the National Museum of Poland in Warsaw. The FRBRoo implementation also comes from the Erlangen University. However, it is in an early stage of development, so a few inconsistencies have been locally corrected to better match the original FRBRoo specification.
The provided data is a working copy and may contain errors. The quality of knowledge base data is improving with each development process step.
General data model information
The publication in the knowledge base are described by means of four FRBR levels:
- Work (the ideal work as created by the author) – instances of F14_Individual_Work or F18_Serial_Work).
- Expression (the intellectual content of a particular edition of a worka) – instances of F24_Publication_Expression
- Manifestation (set of Items from the same Expression, grouping information common to all items) – instances of klasy F3_Manifestation_Product_Type
- Item – instances of F5_Item
Museum objects are represented as instances of E22_Man-Made_Object.
Ontologies in the Knowledge Base
- Erlangen CRM implementation of the CIDOC CRM Ontology
- implementation of the FRBRoo ontology by Erlangen
- ecrm_extended.owl proprietary ECRM extentions to represent the data in a more detailed manner
- Geonames ontology v. 3.0.1
- Lexvo.org ontology – languages schema (in accordance with ISO 639-3 and ISO 639-5; in the KB languages are used in the CIDOC CRM format)
- WGS84 Geo Positioning Vocabulary -geographical coordinates representation
- annotationProperties.owl – auxiliary vocabulary to determine the strength of relation between objects
- kbMetadata.owl – auxiliary technical vocabulary, partly removed from the KB final version
Type hierarchies, thesauri, controlled vocabularies
The E55 CIDOC class is an interface allowing for the re-use of existing vocabularies in the ontology. The following classes have been created to represent external hierarchies in the knowledge base:
Klasa E55 jest interfejsem, za pomocą którego można osadzać istniejące tezaurusy i słownictwo kontrolowane. Utworzone przez nas hierarchie to:
- Cloud cover in remotely sensed image [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC + Polish labels]
- Primary support material for non-projected graphic [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC + Polish labels]
- Secondary support material of nonprojected graphic [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC + Polish labels]
- Specific material designation of nonprojected graphic [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC + Polish labels]
- Musical instrument [SKOS] [CIDOC + Polish labels]
- forma filmowa [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC + Polish labels]
- Form of composition for music [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC + Polish labels]
- Specific material designation of map [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- Specific material designation of globe [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- Altitude of remote sensor [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- Data type of remotely sensed images[orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- Motion picture presentation format [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- Literary form of book [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- Target audience [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- Frequency of continuing resource [orig. SKOS] [CIDOC]
- acquirement type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- type of bibliography position about the museum object [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- type of bibliography position about the museum object with respect to the object.t[SKOS] [CIDOC]
- museum object classification [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- conservation type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- deposit type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- format [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- institution type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- location type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- object type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- rareness type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- value type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
- visual documentation type [SKOS] [CIDOC]
The Kaba subjects in the knowledge base are connected with a richer set of relations than most external types:
- Broader (P127_has_broader_term) and narrower (P127i_has_narrower_term) term relations, created by parsing the subject headings language grammar, in which “Niemcy — 1056-1106 (Henryk IV).” has a broader term “Niemcy.”
- See also relations. Those were taken from the contents of KABA records. They are less restrictive than the first type of relations and sometimes contain errors, so it is not possible to use them to form a valid hierarchy. Still, the information is valuable. It is represented in the knowledge base by the similarTo property (from open.vocab.org) and its subproperties: P214_see_also_broader_term, P214i_see_also_narrower_term, P213_see_also_earlier_form, P213i_see_also_later_form
- Export format: Notation3
- The knowledge base contains triples generated based on: 100 000 DLF Records, 100 000 NUKAT records, 15 000 National Museum records. Those records were subject to: mapping, enriching and relation detection.
- It also contains ontology triples.
- Generation date: 2012-09-03
- The knowledge base dump does not contain implicit triples (that could be produced by a reasoner)
- No of triples: 19 149 139
- Newly created resources are given URI’s in the the http://dl.psnc.pl/kb/ namespace. This is a temporary solution. In Autumn 2012 we plan to release the official version of the knowledge base, together with a SPARQL endpoint. Resources in that knowledge base will have permanent URI’s in another, target namespace.
2 thoughts on “Copy of ontology and prototype knowledge base of the IKS system”
Niestety linki nie działają:
You don’t have permission to access /sites/synat-protected/ontology/ecrm_current.owl on this server.
W tej chwili wszystkie linki do słownictwa i ontologii powinny działać – zasoby te są już dostępne na zewnątrz.
Natomiast jeśli chodzi o zrzut bazy wiedzy, to niezbędne jest uzyskanie zgody na dostęp (który już został Ci przyznany).