The inauguration meeting of the Polish EuropeanaLocal activities was held on the 8th of September 2008 in the Poznań Branch of Polish Academy of Sciences. The aim of this meeting was to inform about the scope of the EuropeanaLocal project and to present the project activities that will be important for the Polish digital libraries and repositories. In the meeting participated representatives from 22 institutions related to Polish digital libraries and digitisation projects. The agenda of the meeting and presentations (in Polish) are available below:
- 11:00 – 11:10 –Welcome
- 11:10 – 11:50 – Current state of the digital libraries infrastructure in Poland – presentation of the current state of distributed digital libraries infrastructure in Poland, discussion on the role and scope of the PIONIER network Digital Libraries Federation.
- 11:50 – 12:30 – European initiatives related to digital libraries – discussion on key European projects and initiatives related to the creation of digital libraries and the context for the creation of the European Digital Library EUROPEANA.
- 12:30 – 13:00 –Coffee break
- 13:00 – 13:45 – The EuropeanaLocal project – presentation of the aim and scope of the project and planned project activities.
- 13:45 – 14:30 – EuropeanaLocal@PL – presentation of the directions of activities for the Polish EuropeanaLocal team, discussion on the planned way of integration of Polish digital resources with European digital resources in EUROPEANA.
- 14:30 – 15:00 – Discussion and closing
We would like to thank to all meeting participant for their presence and for merit discussions.