Succeed project final technical review took place at the end of February in Alicante. Experts invited by the European Commission evaluated all project outcomes. The final assessment of the project was “excellent”, which means that “the project has fully achieved its objectives and technical goals for the period and has even exceeded expectations”.
Succeed supported take up and validation of research results applicable to digitization activities. The main achievements of the project include:
- Improved IMPACT Interoperability Framework with 40 tools integrated, currently deployed at the IMPACT Center of Competence.
- A searchable survey of more than 260 tools and resources useful in text digitization: http://succeed-project.eu/publications/available-tools/index-succeed
- Over 20 evaluations of the tools useful in digitization. The evaluations were done in a real-life scenarios by 13 libraries from Europe, including: Wielkopolska Biblioteka Cyfrowa (Poland), Biblioteca Histórica General de Salamanca (Spain), Wroclaw University Library (Poland), University Library of Bratislava (Slovak Republic), National Library of Finland (Finland), Biblioteca de la Universidad de Granada (Spain), University Library of Leuven (Belgium), University Library of Antwerp (Belgium), University Library of Darmstadt (Germany), Biblioteca Virtual Miguel de Cervantes (Spain), British Library (United Kingdom), Bibliothèque nationale de France (France), Koninklijke Bibliotheek (Netherlands)
- Two sets of recommendations for digitization projects, the first one related to standards and formats in digitization, the second one related to licensing schemes in digitization. Online summary can be found at http://www.digitisation.eu/training/recommendations-for-digitisation-projects/.
- Two contests and two editions of Succeed awards (in the second edition of Succeed awards University Library of Wroclaw received Commendation of Merit).
- Multiple events organized to disseminate and discuss the latest technology for digitization (three workshops, Digitisation Days, DATeCH conference as well as the ceremony of the Succeed awards).
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center participated in all work packages in the project, with the leading role in work package 4, that was related to normalization and standardization and produced two sets of Succeed recommendations.