A few days ago a new version of Virtual Transcription Laboratory portal has been implemented (http://wlt.synat.pcss.pl). In the current version you can find some new functions and conveniences, also all mistakes reported by users were repaired.
Most important changes that were implemented:
- transcription’s editor supports multicolumn documents f.ex. newspapers (this option is available in new projects),
- lines verification mechanism was added, each line is connected to the information about whether it has been looked through or not,
- the import of TIFF files mechanism was expedited,
- the possibility to download transcription results in text format,
- link to preview whole scan in transcription’s editor,
- numbers of lines were added in a transcription’s editor view,
- it is also possible to move lines to a certain position in transcription’s view (by giving its number),
- a mail is sent to the project’s owner after finishing the batch OCR,
- the information about changes author was added to a history view,
- author of the project is an optional field in a formula of creating new project
Detailed note about release with all changes and adjustments can be found here.
Apart from changes mentioned above, a suggestions and improvements forum where you can inform us about your propositions of improvements in VTL and vote for other user’s ideas has started (it is available here). You can enter the forum using an orange bookmark “Your suggestion”, which appears in the right upper corner of the VTL site. We strongly encourage to report your ideas and vote for those already visible on forum. Further works on VTL will include functions which mostly appeal to users.